Search the forum,

Discuss Dark patches in limestone grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SOTON STEVE

Hi Guys

I've just completed a job (grouted last wednesday, finished Thursday) where I used BAL Superflex Wide Joint Limestone. I have just been back to the house as the client has complained about random dark patches on the grout. It looks like damp spots, but I know its definitly not that. Please have a look at the pics provided. I know I havent done anything wrong with the mix. Please help me identify this problem.

Many thanks

Steve

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 2.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 103
  • 3.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 82
K

kaharrison9

I replied on the other thread with this same problem i've experienced 3 times now with Bal superflex limestone.
I have followed the instructions exactly as said previously.
To add to my earlier comments i've used this grout on porcelain,ceramic and slate.
The drying time of adhesive has been 2 days,1 week and a regrout that was tiled one year later.
The substrate has been plaster and hardiebacker.
Quite a wide array but have had this problem every time.
Trying a differant brand next time.
Should have contacted Bal but assumed as nobody else had really mentioned it somehow i was at fault
Kev

Reply to Dark patches in limestone grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.