Search the forum,

Discuss Cutting Tile Trim | 3 Way Mitre with Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

ScottG13

Thanks for that, great post. Had a play with some trim a while ago and had a midnight mitre up!

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Must admit I'm with Dave and only 3-way plastic trim, use the pre formed corners on metal as they can be really sharp and filing them down looks rough on metal.

D

daveadams2k10

I just learnt the 3 way mitre on my course this week. Its a fantastic finish and looks so professional.:hurray:

N

Nuddy

I've been doing the 3 way mitre for about 5yrs now, before that I used the preformed corner pieces from genisis. The reason for me changing my method was when I was called back to old customers to do more work in another room say 2-3 yrs later, when I noticed every mitre piece had changed colour to the trim. This was on every old job where they had been used that I went back to. Basically they looked a different colour,mainly white, soft cream and beige all genisis. fortunatly not one of my customers pointed it out, but I was still embarrassed so I was converted to 3 way mitre.
My tip for best longer laster mitres would be allways use trims from same batch, dont save offcuts for months and then use on another job with new trim, colours will differ with time if not initially..

www.newlandceramics.co.uk:thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

personally I don't like the preformed corners, I think the 3 way mitre looks a helluva lot better.

L

Lizlen

Thankyou so much for this, I did manage to do it using your instructions, probably not as good as experienced people but it's my first try: tiles2.jpg

Reply to Cutting Tile Trim | 3 Way Mitre with Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen