Search the forum,

Discuss Customer has not got email. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I did a quote today and asked for the customers email address.
'We don't have email' was the reply.

Not to worry, i'll phone them later.

Well, I've produced a quote, but of course there is too much information to convey over the phone so I printed off the 2 sheets of the quote.

My blue ink cartridge and my black ink cartridge have run dry. So I change them and reprint. Now both pages are coming out blue. So I clean the printer and print again. Still a funny colour, but it will do.

Now, where are those envelopes that my Wife keeps nicking out of my drawer? Can't find any because she has used them to send back school forms for the kids.

Now I have to drive back to the customers house (only a mile away) and deliver by hand.

Ahhhhhh.......................just like the olden days!!

T

Taylormade

Hope after all that you get the job! I still have one to two old (very) customers who want a written quote/estimate. But have not done one for a while.

T

Time's Ran Out

At least you knew they received your estimate and it wasn't lost in cyberspace.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Didn't get the job!!!!!!

There was some old boxing in with 9ml ply that needed extending because the bath had been taken out. I said I would quote for 6ml hardie. However, the 80+ year old lady told me that it was ok to tile to and it did not need changing. She also told me that the walls did not need plastering when I told her they did! Then the old man said I could pack out the window reveals with an inch blob of adhesive because he had knocked the old tiles and plaster off the walls.

At least they had the decency to ring me up to say no.

T

Time's Ran Out

That's it - estimating is just part of our job.
Like all forms of sales, sometimes it can be a numbers game.

R

robbieraven

Sounds like would have been trouble, on the flip side I got asked if I could take credit card payments the other day :) Must get more organised

Reply to Customer has not got email. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley