Search the forum,

Discuss Could this be my worst nightmare? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
My customer has just dropped off 4m of tiles for me to fix at his new house later this week. Tiles are to go on En-suite floor and they are from B&Q, 600x300x4.5mm. Never told me they would be the thin ones. After checking a few of them they actually seem pretty flat, which surprised me. Just going to go with a random bond.

Question is, do I need to treat them any other way than I normally would laying floor tiles. Floor is deflection free, going to lay 6mm hardi, glued and screwed, then 10mm notched and back-skimmed.

D

dave l and l

yeah solid bead watch for the corners sucking in slightly i had this problem, actually they were good to work with

D

DHTiling

Cheers Dave, just didn't want to get caught out and miss something that might cause a failure.

It is just the laying, as they are thinner then t here is chance of dipping as said above , too much pressure at corners/middles etc etc will depress them.. use a straight edge to lay they flat..and might be wise to drop to 8mm solid bed.

but you will find what method suits you.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi john have used the b and q ones...they were ok to work with but as above lay with a spirit/straight edge

not sure i am a fan of these to be honest

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It is just the laying, as they are thinner then t here is chance of dipping as said above , too much pressure at corners/middles etc etc will depress them.. use a straight edge to lay they flat..and might be wise to drop to 8mm solid bed.

but you will find what method suits you.

Was thinking about whether 8mm might be better, just as long as I get a solid bed. Wouldn't want to be dropping anything on these babies though :yikes:

F

fatboy

iv used b&q tiles a lot some are ok some just need skiping
any one layed there big floor tiles yet there big boys

D

dave l and l

yeah mine were b and q ones too, done full bathroom in them and found them pretty good, all the same size and pretty easy to cut,
the only slight problem was the corners pulling in slightly, take your time make sure there is a good bed and check corners when doing work, then get money and go have a pint,

Reply to Could this be my worst nightmare? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen