Search the forum,

Discuss Cleaning of materials in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MICH

Hi,

I know this must sound a stupid question! But whats the best way to clean the buckets after using adhesive and grout? (Thats mixed by hand) regarding the dirty water after?

F

Fekin

Down the main drains, as the little amount that you'd be pouring down would not be anywhere enough to start causing blocking problems. :thumbsup:

H

Holohana

imo and experience dont ever put down a drain. If it blocks you have to sort it. Garden is best bet and put left over addy in bin bag or tile off cut box. Just wash buckets whilst still fresh. Make it a habit not a chore!

M

MICH

Hi,

Thanks for your response, when the grout bucket is being cleaned all the clean water turns white, but thats still ok to put down the drain outside?

Just being absolutely sure before I kick off this career full time and start going to customers houses!:grin:

Thanks

H

Holohana

i wouldnt put owt down house drians full stop!

If its got a load of crap down there already from other builders/tilers etc and you add your tiny bit and it blocks then its on you my friend.

Street drain or garden!

F

Fekin

I somehow don't think people would be happy with me if I was coating their nice flower beds with grout water.

Anyway, for the amount of grout in a bucket when Im cleaning it out wouldn't block a drain anyway, I don't exactly pour 10 litres of thick grout away.

mz30

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If your using tubbed adhesive you will have an abudance of bucket's ,throw the bucket's in the skip .
If doing a domestic job empty down the nearest drain in the road and then throw a bucket of clean water down after it.:thumbsup:

S

sWe

I've got a waste bucket which I put a plastic bag in. Any more than residue left, it goes in there to dry, and then it goes to the landfill. Other than that, I use clean water and a brush, and dispose of the dirty water in either a non-visible spot in the garden (if there is one), the nearest outdoor drain, or, if neither is availible or suitable, I've got a 65l plastic barrel I can bring for temporary storage.

H

Holohana

I somehow don't think people would be happy with me if I was coating their nice flower beds with grout water.
No my customers wouldnt be either thats why id do it out the way at the bottom of garden or under a hedge or something similar or not at all. Always ask 1st as well, garden or wreck your drain Mrs Customer?
Anyway, for the amount of grout in a bucket when Im cleaning it out wouldn't block a drain anyway, I don't exactly pour 10 litres of thick grout away.
As i said if its full of other peoples crap and you add enough to block it then it becomes your problem.

Reply to Cleaning of materials in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen