Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Check A Trade in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been done and asked a fair few times, I am booked up and have no worries regarding work, pretty much all my work is recommendations which is great. But a wise man told me once to always advertise and push while you are busy. I have always remembered this and also tried to stick to it. I had a sit down with a rep from checkatrade yesterday, obviously he was trying to sell it but it did seem like a reasonable way to generate new leads from customers, especially as the future is going more and more online etc. I was wondering if anyone else uses them/ has used them. I am only after a trades perspective opinion really.
Cheers.

Q

Qwerty

I'm on Checkatrade. I'm the same as you, I don't need to be but it is allowing me to expand, take people on, work less but earn more. What isn't there to like about that!? I have on average 5 new enquiries a week. Booked into 2017 now!

W

White Room

As Gamma said everything seems to be online and I'm so far down the ladder it seems a long way to climb up.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I'm on Checkatrade. I'm the same as you, I don't need to be but it is allowing me to expand, take people on, work less but earn more. What isn't there to like about that!? I have on average 5 new enquiries a week. Booked into 2017 now!
How long have you been on there? how do you get on with the feedback situation. He hinted to me that you need to be entering at least 3 to 4 cards a month. I rarely get through that many jobs per month. I would worry about not being ranked in my area due to this.

Q

Qwerty

How long have you been on there? how do you get on with the feedback situation. He hinted to me that you need to be entering at least 3 to 4 cards a month. I rarely get through that many jobs per month. I would worry about not being ranked in my area due to this.

Joined at the end of last year and only getting a couple of feedbacks per month on average but customers want quality not quantity.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
Joined at the end of last year and only getting a couple of feedbacks per month on average but customers want quality not quantity.
And your not getting any pressure from them to give more? I agree with quality not quantity but worried about rankings on there and not being found because of it. But if it's working for you I may take the plunge and give it a go.

Q

Qwerty

And your not getting any pressure from them to give more? I agree with quality not quantity but worried about rankings on there and not being found because of it. But if it's working for you I may take the plunge and give it a go.

Your get the office girls call you up a fair couple of times at the start but at the end of the day it is you that are paying them so they are fine with it. I rank just fine and get plenty of calls over other tilers in the area

W

White Room

Your get the office girls call you up a fair couple of times at the start but at the end of the day it is you that are paying them so they are fine with it. I rank just fine and get plenty of calls over other tilers in the area

How much do you pay for the privilege.....

Reply to Check A Trade in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks