Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Ceramic Tiled Shower gets covered in white residue after one shower. in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello, we installed a brand new ceramic tile walk in shower about one year ago. I've been cleaning it with a special cleaner for ceramic tile and it does okay. I bought an electric scrubber to make the job easier, and for some reason, and I don't know if it's related, lately I can have the shower perfectly clean, beautifully scrubbed, and then after one shower, it's covered with a white residue. I've cleaned the tile with vinegar, I've tried Lime-Away, and CLR, and after I rinse it and let it air dry it looks fantastic. Then if someone takes a shower, as soon as it's dry it looks terrible. We have a well water that goes through a very robust filter. We also have a water softener unit which we're not sure is functioning properly, and I asked my husband to bypass it and see if that would make this residue go away, thinking maybe it was salt. Well that actually made it WAY worse. I am completely at a loss.
I've uploaded these two photos so you can see what this looks like:

OP
G
Reaction score
HERE ARE PHOTOS:

Cleaned with CLR and Rinsed on Feb 9

CLEANED-WITH-CLR-AND-RINSED.jpeg

After a shower on Feb 10 this is what it looks like AFTER ONE DAY!

AFTER-ONE-SHOWER.jpeg

Reply to Ceramic Tiled Shower gets covered in white residue after one shower. in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock