Search the forum,

Discuss Cement based liquid screed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Has anyone worked with cement based liquid screed im not talking about calcium hydrate form ,
Ive been told they may need to be sanded ?

F

Flintstone

Chemfloor? I went to view one a few days ago which I’m due to tile in a couple of weeks, pumped in cement screed and I could see straight away it needed sanding, was smooth almost polished looking and the top layer could be scratched off.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
They have a curing membrane sprayed on when They are laid. This needs to be removed by sanding before tiling is safe to commence.

F

Flintstone

Alan what would you suggest to sand with as I feel diamond might be too aggressive

F

Flintstone

C6056010-841D-458F-8F1D-C1EE5E09B34B.jpeg
This is what they look like once sprayed

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Is there any other issues that id need to know , this is a 900m floor 1200mm tile and the company is telling me it only needs one coat of diluted bal apd

Reply to Cement based liquid screed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen