Discuss Cement based liquid screed in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Has anyone worked with cement based liquid screed im not talking about calcium hydrate form ,
Ive been told they may need to be sanded ?

F

Flintstone

Chemfloor? I went to view one a few days ago which I’m due to tile in a couple of weeks, pumped in cement screed and I could see straight away it needed sanding, was smooth almost polished looking and the top layer could be scratched off.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
They have a curing membrane sprayed on when They are laid. This needs to be removed by sanding before tiling is safe to commence.

F

Flintstone

Alan what would you suggest to sand with as I feel diamond might be too aggressive

F

Flintstone

C6056010-841D-458F-8F1D-C1EE5E09B34B.jpeg
This is what they look like once sprayed

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Is there any other issues that id need to know , this is a 900m floor 1200mm tile and the company is telling me it only needs one coat of diluted bal apd

Reply to Cement based liquid screed in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks