Discuss Cardinal sin - tools in the Tiling Tools | Tile Tools - Tile Installing Tools area at TilersForums.com.

F

Frenchdc

I forgot to clean my tools after spreading tile adhesive, because I was so tired. Now in a bit of a state, is there any easy way of cleaning them please?

T

Tile Shop

Multitool with the rasp then low grit sanding attachment worked for me. Get the bulk of the crud off with the rasp then sand the thin stubborn bit off down to the metal. But only done once, never had to do it again.

This was one of my first hard learnt lessons. Now, I have a bucket of water close by, mainly for cleaning off excess adhesive from tiles, but also every 15 minutes to half an hour or so I wipe my trowel down with a sponge or old white pad. Same when I'm grouting with my grout float.

F

Frenchdc

I forgot to clean my tools after spreading tile adhesive, because I was so tired. Now in a bit of a state, is there any easy way of cleaning them please?
Why does wisdom come at the end of the job and not at the start? I think it will be a bin job and renew! It won't happen again.

T

Tilerdurden

Sitting them in water for a while can soften the adhesive to a degree and a stiff brush to work the addy off sometimes helps.

O

Old Mod

I'm obsessive about clean buckets and get very upset when those who borrow my power tools, namely grinders, WRAP THE BLOODY CABLE AROUND THE HANDLE!
Ask Frosty! Haha :D:p

Reply to Cardinal sin - tools in the Tiling Tools | Tile Tools - Tile Installing Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay