Search the forum,

Discuss Can anyone offer me some advice please? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dave Cleaver

Hi all

I'm new to this forum thing but confess I joined this one to get some advice.

In March this year I spent around £1200 on some porcelain kitchen floor tiles which prior being laid (by a professional) looked fantastic. Unfortunately, now they are laid they simply do not look the same. I have an 'original' and you can so clearly see there is a problem with the product itself. We have cleaned them with the recommended product but to no avail.

I want to know who best to complain to. Trading Standards want the written declaration of 2 or 3 Pro tilers saying they don't look right but I feel it's a bloody cheek to ask a Pro to come to my house when there isn't much in it for him.

I can't let it go because they simply look terrible compared to how they look in the showroom.

Anyone? Please?

Dave

F

faithhealer

welcome to the forum Dave, where are you at dave, most of our members don't mind poppping in if it's local

P

Prem Tiler

Welcome aboard! You have found the best place to answer all your questions, tile related or not!

D

diamondtiling

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum.

Where did you get the tiles from? did they have a transit wax and if so was it removed prior to sealing and grouting?

:thumbsup:

Reply to Can anyone offer me some advice please? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen