Currently reading:
Busy?

Discuss Busy? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dash J

Hi guys

is anyone on here busy?i have hit my usual slump this time of year

august to February I am flat out but I find it dies a death this time of year

has anyone else found this the case?

i even had a meeting with one of the large diy chains today regarding fitting for them
not my preferred choice but times are tough

people I meet are up to their eyes in it,wish I could say the same

thanks Marc

D

Dash J

Usually only January scraping a bit for work round here then it goes mad again, booked up till june n still a couple of jobs on the backburner for after that if i hit a quiet spell...you got yourself a website? Never bothered till this year and had 4 good jobs off it already

Not bothered with a website as of yet
Was thinking about it but not got round to it
I get caught up with being busy then you assume you are going to be ok
Then all of a sudden you have nothing
My phone is still going but it all seems to be broken promises
Had a guy 2 weeks ago offering me a full time job,500m2 the next,bissaza mosaic bathroom and a big wetroom
Still waiting,I won't hold my breath
Can feel my head starting to go down with it,but guess that's the nature of the business
Re the lead times I have never encountered a customer who will wait longer than two weeks

Q

Qwerty

Whats with the duplicated post all the time. .?

[emoji38] No idea, I will delete the duplicate! I will contact @Dan to see why it's doing that.

As for my domestic customer waiting list..... it's all word of mouth referrals mate so people have seen my work compared to a few others around here and are prepared to wait for me. 4 months is nothing.... I had a big job waiting 8 months last year. What can I say!!!??? [emoji106][emoji4]
Just glad my mate Chris Martin ( [MENTION=5038]chris.tiling[/MENTION] ) has moved out to the sticks so I have little competition!!! [emoji1]

Last edited by a moderator:

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Poole
[emoji38] No idea, I will delete the duplicate! I will contact @Dan to see why it's doing that.

As for my domestic customer waiting list..... it's all word of mouth referrals mate so people have seen my work compared to a few others around here and are prepared to wait for me. 4 months is nothing.... I had a big job waiting 8 months last year. What can I say!!!??? [emoji106][emoji4]
Just glad my mate Chris Martin ( @chris.tiling ) has moved out to the sticks so I have little competition!!! [emoji1]

Ha Ha Geoff - have been working just round the corner from your house recently. Kept a low profile incase my tyres got slashed :smilewinkgrin:

I have teamed up with another tiler - getting thru the work more than twice as fast as if we were on our own which is good. Booked till mid June now. Agree with other comments - referrals will wait, but new ones don't seem as interested.

Reply to Busy? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement