Search the forum,

Discuss British Heart foundation..London To Brighton cycle ride. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Scott

Nice one andrew i did that when i was 13 and again at 15, i ll stick a pic on here tomorrow that my mum gave me the other day from the local rag

S

Scott

It was a long time ago, im 39 this year! Stop for a beer at Turners Hill halfway point, not far from you i believe?

Ditchling Beacon is a hard, hard ride, bearing in mind 23 years ago i had a proper racing bike with 12 gears and not a all terrain thing with a gazzillion gears! However once at the top there used to be refreshment vans and a beatuiful view of the sea in the distance and then of course its all downhill for ages!

Its a great day out though. How are you getting home after? The trains are good but they do tend to chuck the bikes around a bit.

I tried the sponsor thing last night in my drunken state and it wouldnt work on my jusgiving account, ill try later when i got more time

E

enduro

We take our bikes to Brighton race course in the van then we get taken to London..Then when we finish at Madeira Drive Brighton they take us with bikes back to the van. So all sorted on that front. Just been out with a few mates this morning and done 40 miles...Normaly we do 30 miles every sunday...I have two bikes, a road bike and a mountain bike with road tyres fitted, not sure which one to use yet.

S

Scott

I miss my old road bike, nice skinny 700c rims. I bought a 'town' bike a few years ago with smaller road tyres and cant get on with it, too much friction with those tyres.

S

Scott

I found the pic, here it is. Bear in mind it was 1985 and i was 13. The ha was obviously a terrible fashion error at that age but its the only one i could find to keep the sun off :)

Attachments

• DSC_0342 (900x1200).jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 10

Reply to British Heart foundation..London To Brighton cycle ride. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen