Search the forum,

Discuss Brick style splash back in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

leftylewis1987

i am currently doing alot of tiling on kitchen splash backs on council houses. the walls are in bad shape and the tiles are 200x100 brick style. i cant seem to get a good finish and there is alot of lippage.

im using a 6mm notched trowel but a few people have mentioned using a 8mm or even a 10mm. another tiler have also that just dabbing the tile would be better.

what do you think would work best?

T

Time's Ran Out

only problem is the money is rubbish so cant afford to be preping walls. the council wouldnt care if a plumber tiled the walls as long as it gets done.

As you are getting paid to tile, I'am assuming your a professional tiler and as such the work you are producing should be of a quality and standard which will be a credit to our trade.
If you are prepared to leave the work at a level below your own personal expectations due to the amount of money you are being paid, then I'd suggest one of two options - either change your job or charge more money and do it properly.

Reply to Brick style splash back in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.