Search the forum,

Discuss Best Tile Cutter 2009? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com.

mz30

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Up until a few months ago ,i was rubi guy through and through,since then i have became a sigma guy,i bought three rubi ts 700's and everyone has failed on me after tiling less than 50m2 a piece,now i could blame the tiles am using,but i have a ts 40 and that has failed too,just doing regular ceramics,on everyone the bolts have come lose around the snapper an along the bar where the set goes,so after so many years of using rubi's i have had to change to sigma ,have had one for about 8 years but hardly used and have just ordered the 700 version.

Until rubi cutters pick up am staying with sigmas.

F

facetile

have to say i am a rubi man myself but have used monolit and think they are great. really it's personal preference

N

nick.v.g

have used a rubi ts50 for the last 15 years and am happy with it as an allround cutter for general use, ts 40 is too small for the larger size of wall tiles prevalent today and I find the ts 60 too large for general use and not suitable for large 10mm + plus floor tiles due to the fixed breaker, your better off with the tx series for flooring. Have recently bought a Rodia 75, was tossing up between that and the tx700 but the stainless steel finish ( love my toys to be shiney ) and the breaker pull system integrated into the handle did it for me but....... am I happy with it, yes and no, done everything I asked of it so far but cant see why they dont have a return spring for the breaker, irritates the hell out of me having to push it back manually, am going to build in spring myself. like the fact that it takes the standard rubi ts scoring wheels that are available everywhere but heres my biggest gripe. whats wrong with the rubi cutting wheels lately? the 6 and 8mm wheels only seem to last a month or two before the pin through the wheel starts coming out, I used to be able to get a year or nore work out of them.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Bump

Don't mind me while I bump a few old threads. They might not be current for you, if they're not, just ignore them, and they'll soon drop off the forum list.

Reply to Best Tile Cutter 2009? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen