The Wetroom Store - TilersForums.com Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Best best for tiling course in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com

TileFix Direct
Reactions
What member type are you?
Currently on an official Tiling Course (NVQ / SVQ/ City and Guilds etc)
Hi,
New to this page.
Looking to take up tiling as a new career.
Can anyone recommend the best place to go to for a tiling course in UK.
Thanks in advance.

TileFix Direct
Dan

JOTM Winner

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reactions
5,746 31
DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Tiling Courses - Wall & Floor Tiling Training Courses NVQ 1,2 & 3 - https://www.tiling-courses.co.uk/ - UK Pro Tiling Training
Their FEEDBACK THREAD can be found by clicking those words.

They do short courses mainly but can help direct you to get your NVQ.

A lot of people have done a few short courses with them, done their own bathrooms, done their friends and family, got a website and some listings on Facebook and whatnot, and got into the trade and started earning money.

Then they'll give you contact details for reps and things, who will also help with courses and training. And keep you up to speed ongoing.

But there's also the college route, Leeds College of Building I think are the daddies in the field. My local college sucks with all construction industry training. The investment just isn't there locally. So perhaps check your college too. But those can take a while to complete.

You an also perhaps find a local tiling company and see if you can to your NVQ whilst actually learning the trade physically out in the field.

I'm sure the guys on the forum will chip in too. I don't tile, it has to be said. :)

Glynn

TF
Reactions
195 1
I don't know where you are in the country but Burnley College seem to be getting a decent local reputation and I am informed they are running City&Guilds Level 1 & 2 next year. Also these courses come with the addition of the world famous Tilemaster support at no extra cost.;)

Reactions
Currently on an official Tiling Course (NVQ / SVQ/ City and Guilds etc)
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know where you are in the country but Burnley College seem to be getting a decent local reputation and I am informed they are running City&Guilds Level 1 & 2 next year. Also these courses come with the addition of the world famous Tilemaster support at no extra cost.;)
I’m based In mid Wales

Glynn

TF
Reactions
195 1
I don't know of anything in your area, you might need to travel to Birmingham for a serious tiling course. Colleges don't get the returns they want from a tiling course so investment in them is low or non existence. Good luck with your search it will be worth it once you are qualified and up too speed, and somebody on here might know of a course near you.

Dan

JOTM Winner

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reactions
5,746 31
DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Have you tried your local college at all? Have you contacted any local firms?

Reply to Best best for tiling course in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com

The Wetroom Store - TilersForums.com Sponsor

Find independent advice on tiling courses from the largest tile advice website.

TileFix Direct
Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.