Search the forum,

Discuss Best ats blade for stone in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

ive got a wet room coming up next week with natural tiles, not sure if there trav or marble, usually a soft material, can anyone recommend a good ats blade for this sort of material? I have a couple of turbo thin blades and one continuous rim Are the segmented ones better?

J

J Sid

I find the turbo is a good all round one as is the new one. Both will be find for travertine, anything harder needs wet cutting.
wet cutting is advisable of all stone, will give a better cut as well as less dust

F

Flintstone

Wet sponge cut?
I have always used the wet cutter in the past but since I've been using the grinder more and more I want to have a go with that on this job.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I used the vacuumed brazed on the last limestone I did , 130m2, 1 blade .
Like Julian says though, very dusty

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
No mate, I use a apprentice :)
Seriously , I always cut outside , rain or snow (it's never sunny up here) I sometimes wear a mask, but not often :(
I love my Brooklyn saw, its superb, but it's a beast so just use my grinder

F

Flintstone

I always cut out side too unless it's a bit of a building site. Apprentice for mixing, apprentice for cutting, you only need to teach him to stick them on and you can stay at home

Reply to Best ats blade for stone in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen