Search the forum,

Discuss best ady to use on floors,but not quick setting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

spenny

hey guys,got a 30m2 floor to tile and am not the most confident at time,and worry about making a batch and it setting on me! Can you lend your experience to advise on what you would suggest would be best for me to use?
thanks!
spenny

G

grumpygrouter

im tiling onto existing tiles with b&q ceramic
What's underneath the existing tiles? You will be looking at something like BAL CTF3 with admix 1 if the existing tiles are glazed or maybe Mosaic-fix. For Ardex adhesives try X7G Plus. All these have about 5hrs in the bucket.

Make sure you do adequate prep of the existing tiles to ensure they are secure and clean/degreased.

Last edited by a moderator:

faceman

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've spent ages trying different brands of floor adhesive and i've sacked off most of them because i can't be bothered to keep cleaning out buckets because the adhesive has set to quick. This time of year i try to avoid rapid st. I use porcelanosa one-flex for most things. It lasts ages in the bucket and is good for walls aswell as floors. Just don't expect to grout that day though. not always possible

S

Saltire69

Agree with Brian on this 1. Used it last week and was impressed. Had no water in the house i was working on,so used this for bucket life and liked it.

Reply to best ady to use on floors,but not quick setting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen