Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Bathroom tiling - walls first or floors? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Taz

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Thanks for letting me join.

I am approaching the end of a "on the tools" owner build.

I have noticed there are two trains of thought...

Tile floors first and then tile walls, or tile the walls first and then the floors...

Advice on which way and why?

Reaction score
I like to set a batten around the room at the height I want the second row to be and tile the walls up from that. This means you can’t accidentally damage the floor (‘cos you have done it yet!)

Then tile the floor.

Then do the row of bottom cuts for the walls, I like the idea of wall on top of floor (like tile a roof) and I find it easier to get a neat finish this way. Can get a nice close junction that can be done in clear silicone if that suits the job.

Reply to Bathroom tiling - walls first or floors? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock