Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom Mirror Woes in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

SB4U

Ray, can you expand on your suggestions please. What kind of brackets would I need to use for a mirror of that size? Plus I'm not sure what you mean with your second suggestion.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Ray, can you expand on your suggestions please. What kind of brackets would I need to use for a mirror of that size? Plus I'm not sure what you mean with your second suggestion.

I think this is what Ray means. Did this one a couple of years ago. Worked out where the mirror needed to go. Set out the tiles with box trim on the 4 internal sides and then just measured the internal dimension, took 2mm of each length and then got the glass cut to size and just fixed with mirrormate

photo64.jpg

Last edited:
J

J Sid

I would get a glass company in to template and fix the mirror, why do it yourself?
Do you get your electrician to do your plumbing? Or your plumber to do your tiling? Well maybe but look at the mess they normally make.
Get a professional glass/mirror company, they should know what to do and if it goes wrong they will put it right.

W

White Room

I would get a glass company in to template and fix the mirror, why do it yourself?
Do you get your electrician to do your plumbing? Or your plumber to do your tiling? Well maybe but look at the mess they normally make.
Get a professional glass/mirror company, they should know what to do and if it goes wrong they will put it right.

You know it's true Julian:D

S

SB4U

Thank you all for your suggestions. They're all very much appreciated. The boxed in mirror looks really tidy and I wish I'd done it like that in the first place. I'm not sure that I fancy re-cutting the tiles once they're on the wall though if I'm honest. Would you just use an angle grinder for that?

@JulianSidney you asked 'why do it yourself?' My answer is because I enjoy it. We all get our fun in different ways. This is one of the ways I get mine.

Steve

Reply to Bathroom Mirror Woes in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen