Currently reading:
B&Q porc (probably)

Discuss B&Q porc (probably) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mc497

Hi everyone,
I havn't posted on here for months now, so hope everyone is OK.
Basically, I might be going to look at quite a big job, I think by what the guy said to me it will be 60-70 sq mts.
Thing is he said he has purchased the tiles already (from B&Q), and going by what he says I think,(no correction, I know) that the tiles are going to be B&Q polished porc.
Now, when I was posting on the forum quite regularly back a few months ago, I remember alot of *^&%%£$ about these tiles, for reasons such as staining and so on. Has anyone fixed these things before...? did you encounter any problems...? any tips about fixing these things....?
Any advice much appreciated, cheers guys...!

D

Deleted member 1779

ALL i'll say (as I do with most porcelain tile posts is dont forget ya drill bits.)

Porcelain is VERY tough. Easy to cut in a straight line but a nightmare to drill.

If is C5 hard then its tougher than granite.

8.jpg

9a.jpg

THIS IS A PORCELAIN TILE - AND VERY VERY HARD TO DRILL

The way to see if its porcelain is if the back of the tile looks the same as the front.

If it looks different at the back and has just a front glaze then its a ceramic tile so very soft.

Dsc07653.jpg

THIS IS A CERAMIC TILE AND VERY EASY TO DRILL

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to B&Q porc (probably) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a couple of years and the tiling business is going quite well but the book-keeper I was recommended...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.