Search the forum,

Discuss arc tile adhesive! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hillhead

Give it a trial, i got 5 free bags of slow set sontex that i started using today( very slow but great coverage).
And i got 5 free bags of mapei ultraflex to test and it's superb as an S2 grade( goes of real quick on substrate but stays good in bucket).
Give us a review on the arc and prices maybe?

M

macken

hi everyone.i live in the south of ireland in a place called cork.local tile shop started buying arc lately. its lovely stuff to use.it has great coverage, easy to spread but is slow to go off. LT 33 is the flexi white and most of the tilers here have switched to it.

H

hillhead

Thanks macken, it's good to hear about it.
There is another being from Cork on here at times, John is his name.(must check his username)

M

macken

it takes a bit of getting used to mixing.
takes alot more water than the rest.
and just when you are going to add more adhesive to the bucket dont.looks wet but is perfect.
stays perfect in bucket.

G

garretridge

thanks for that macken makes me feel a bit more comfortable using it knowing that its good stuff cheers i will do a little review on it next week when i will be using it!:thumbsup:

Reaction score
Incidentally - I see that Arc manufacture Gorilla Tape. This is amazing stuff - I used it to secure plastic across a door frame on a building during a gale in the pouring rain - next day - plastic still secure thanks to Gorilla tape.

Not sure if Gorilla Tape is any good for stopping badly fixed tiles falling off a wall, but I expect it is!

B

Barney74

Hello Tilers. I'm A Supplier Of Tiles In Donegal And Thinking Of Changing To ARC High-Flex 55 Grey And White.
Looks Like A Great Product

Reply to arc tile adhesive! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen