Discuss arc tile adhesive! in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

garretridge

my local tile shop had a dispute with there adhesive supplier and is thinking of changing to a company the brand is arc anyone used there product before any info appreciated before i commit to using it?:thumbsup:

I

Ian

Never heard of it either, just googled it and found a link if anyone wants to read about it! Arc Building Products - Tile Adhesives

Last edited by a moderator:
G

garretridge

great help :lol: never heard of it either bit worried using adhesives i dont know about but its a mate who owns the tile shop and he gives me good discount and plenty of time to pay up so might have to go with it i will give it a try he gave me a couple of free bags to try it out and report back to yuo all when i use it!:thumbsup:

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
great help :lol: never heard of it either bit worried using adhesives i dont know about but its a mate who owns the tile shop and he gives me good discount and plenty of time to pay up so might have to go with it i will give it a try he gave me a couple of free bags to try it out and report back to yuo all when i use it!:thumbsup:

cant you get some sample bags of them to try

H

hillhead

Give it a trial, i got 5 free bags of slow set sontex that i started using today( very slow but great coverage).
And i got 5 free bags of mapei ultraflex to test and it's superb as an S2 grade( goes of real quick on substrate but stays good in bucket).
Give us a review on the arc and prices maybe?

M

macken

hi everyone.i live in the south of ireland in a place called cork.local tile shop started buying arc lately. its lovely stuff to use.it has great coverage, easy to spread but is slow to go off. LT 33 is the flexi white and most of the tilers here have switched to it.

H

hillhead

Thanks macken, it's good to hear about it.
There is another being from Cork on here at times, John is his name.(must check his username)

M

macken

it takes a bit of getting used to mixing.
takes alot more water than the rest.
and just when you are going to add more adhesive to the bucket dont.looks wet but is perfect.
stays perfect in bucket.

G

garretridge

thanks for that macken makes me feel a bit more comfortable using it knowing that its good stuff cheers i will do a little review on it next week when i will be using it!:thumbsup:

Reply to arc tile adhesive! in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks