Currently reading:
aquapanel onto floorboards

Discuss aquapanel onto floorboards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wetdec

P

pr1970

Hi

Thanks, yeah think i`ve made a mistake getting the thermal type. I`ll get that changed. Its also not for a wet room, just a standard bath which wont have a shower, just an attachment. Although there wont be a screen so I expect water on the floor occasionally.

So would either hardibacker 6mm screwed down to the floorboards be ok, or does it need a adhesive down too? btw i`m using ceramic tiles on top.

cheers for the advice

Paul

G

grumpygrouter

Hi

Thanks, yeah think i`ve made a mistake getting the thermal type. I`ll get that changed. Its also not for a wet room, just a standard bath which wont have a shower, just an attachment. Although there wont be a screen so I expect water on the floor occasionally.

So would either hardibacker 6mm screwed down to the floorboards be ok, or does it need a adhesive down too? btw i`m using ceramic tiles on top.

cheers for the advice

Paul
If ti is just to put a "nice" surface down to tile onto, then 6mm hardie is fine, you will need to lay it onto adhesive first and then screw down. Check the hardie site for install instructions, they should be on there.

if you are after strenghtening the floor then you need to be looking at a min of 15mm ply, usually 18mm as 15mm does not seem to be available here.

G

GazTech

I suggest using 6mm Hardiebacker boards. They are water resistant. Simply fix onto a thin bed of ashesive to fill any voids through uneven floorboards and screw every 200 centres.

No need to prime either!
Andy, can you confirm which type of adhesive is suitable to bed the boards, and which to fix tiles with when using 6mm boards fixed down in this method ....Gaz

Reply to aquapanel onto floorboards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m putting down 800x800x10mm porcelain floor tiles. Floor area is 2m x 2.7m, 18mm chipboard. I added loads...
Replies
Views
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.