Currently reading:
any info on Larsen Tile Adhesive?

Discuss any info on Larsen Tile Adhesive? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Re: any info on ?

so did i !! but she was still shopping about today ,and run this and PCI by me , i said that i would go with the cheapest seeing the name of the game is making money!! i will prob regret this :yikes:
Mind Dave, if I had the option between Norcross and PCI then PCI would win hands down every time:smilewinkgrin:.....and they'll negotiate prices as well, so don't take the screen price as the final price..:thumbsup:

H

hillhead

I used it 2 years ago, pallets of it infact.
Fast set was dead on, a lot used with no problems at all. ( hotel job)
Wall adhesive was a pig to use, had to butter back of tiles as it kept rolling off wall, hardened very very well when set.
Tanking tubs were great too and used their membranes in all 27 bathrooms with loads of compound.
Overall liked it.
Must have been cheap too, came from one contact avoiding shops etc so price sweet.

D

doug boardley

so did i !! but she was still shopping about today ,and run this and PCI by me , i said that i would go with the cheapest seeing the name of the game is making money!! i will prob regret this :yikes:
the name of the game is doing a quality job with materials that you know about, money is certainly a cosideration, but cut corners = lost customers.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Yeah don't cut yourself short Dave. You know reputations are worth a fortune these days, no need to go for the most expensive but I wouldn't always go for the cheapest. Though to be fair I'm sure we have a few PCI users on here (see the Annual Adhesive Poll for 2010 for their usernames) and I don't recall seeing any failure-related threads.

R

Rich

Iv used it a fair bit, had no problems at all. I usually use Mapei and it is not as nice to work with but it is a lot less pennies. I would have no problems recommending it, good product and good price :thumbsup:

I think you can get to used to the brand you use, the first time I went to it from using Mapei I wasnt sure about it as it didnt mix the same and doesnt spread the same but every brand feels different and you get used to what you are using quickly.

R

Rich

Reply to any info on Larsen Tile Adhesive? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them professionally laid. At the time I asked if they needed sealing. The tiler told me since they were...
Replies
Views
Let us know which brand of tiles adhesive you use. And the price per bag trade if possible. Let's see if there's is a disparity across the country.
Replies
Views
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.