Currently reading:
Anhydrate floor, best adhesive

Discuss Anhydrate floor, best adhesive in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Cement based adhesive or gypsum, scrape or sand or scrabble the floor , paint on primer not to neat or it won't soak in , put a bomb thingy on the floor to see if it's dry.....go back 50 times at your own expense to check it.....and on ,and on it gose....
What happened to the good old day's when some old boy with what looked like a couple of duvets on his knees put down a dead flat sand and cement screed that you could tile on in 6/7 weeks ..:)

O

One Day

Hi Impish,

So if you couldn't use ditra how would you go about your fixing method onto gypsum screed??
if i couldn't use ditra, i wouldn't fix them. I know with anhyfix i could go direct but I've seen too many hidden problems occur even after moisture readings say 'ok' that I'm just not prepared to risk it. Ditra is the best belt n braces.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

if i couldn't use ditra, i wouldn't fix them. I know with anhyfix i could go direct but I've seen too many hidden problems occur even after moisture readings say 'ok' that I'm just not prepared to risk it. Ditra is the best belt n braces.
Yeah I use ditra all the time if it's anyhydrate, but say you were using smaller tiles or geometric??......

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Hi Hm Tiling,

I suggested Bal rapid mat with gypsum based adhesive then lay tiles with cement based before I layed some Victorian tiles but the director of a company called ( creative impressions ) who were the suppliers of the gypsum based screed told me not to lay a de-coupling matting and to only use a gypsum based adhesive so the builder insisted I did this and put my view to rest on that one!....I was just interested what impish would do on that one as he doesn't seem to be too sure on gypsum adhesive.......thanks for reply mate it's just interesting to get your method of practice on that one

H

hmtiling

Wonder why the screed company advised that? Was it heated?
The company that does them near me gives bad advice too, they should stick to what they know and not give advice about fixing tiles imo.
If I were a screed company I'd be pushing for decoupling as if the tiles crack it makes them look bad too.
If fitting geo stuff on pumped screed that relatively inexpensive membrane could save a lot of hassle/money. Not the cheapest to rectify.

W

White Room

Hi Hm Tiling,

I suggested Bal rapid mat with gypsum based adhesive then lay tiles with cement based before I layed some Victorian tiles but the director of a company called ( creative impressions ) who were the suppliers of the gypsum based screed told me not to lay a de-coupling matting and to only use a gypsum based adhesive so the builder insisted I did this and put my view to rest on that one!....I was just interested what impish would do on that one as he doesn't seem to be too sure on gypsum adhesive.......thanks for reply mate it's just interesting to get your method of practice on that one

Does this guy do/supply pattern imprinted concrete....

Reply to Anhydrate floor, best adhesive in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement