Currently reading:
Advice on underwater tiling(swimming pools)

Discuss Advice on underwater tiling(swimming pools) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

trev

Looking at maybe repairing tiles to swimming pools without the need to drain. I am PADI qualified and feel it could be a good service to offer future clients. Hope you guys can advise me if you have any knowledge on this subject, i'm assuming i need to adhere to some sort of Health & Saftey rules. I will be looking at doing domestic and hopefully hotels.
If any of you have any reasons why i should not follow this route please let me know:yes:.

Any PADI quilfied divers feel like being my buddy on future projects let me know!:lol:

Any Tilers already doing this, LET ME BE YOUR BUDDY!!:thumbsup:

Any input would be great, thanks guys.

T

trev

M

MICK the Tiler

I do it down here in Oz, every second person who rings up wants there tiles fixed in there pool., I only ever use a mask and snorkle though, no diving gear, I can hold my breath for long enough. as for addy I use Ardex X7 mixed with Ardion 90 and water to make a stiff mix, all tiles are back trowelled at the surface, the addy is tinted with oxide to match grout colour, the X7 Ardion 90 mix holds together really well underwater and the addy also serves as the grout.

C

CTD inverness

this is a fun one!!!
i have come across this once before, basically you need to use bal rapid set mix it up apply to tile, out into a plastic bag, swim down and plonk it in!!! (info came from bal technical line) the adhesive will dry as normal. i would say put more on the back than you are going to need and let it fill the gout lines aswell.
hope this helps
Looking at maybe repairing tiles to swimming pools without the need to drain. I am PADI qualified and feel it could be a good service to offer future clients. Hope you guys can advise me if you have any knowledge on this subject, i'm assuming i need to adhere to some sort of Health & Saftey rules. I will be looking at doing domestic and hopefully hotels.
If any of you have any reasons why i should not follow this route please let me know:yes:.

Any PADI quilfied divers feel like being my buddy on future projects let me know!:lol:

Any Tilers already doing this, LET ME BE YOUR BUDDY!!:thumbsup:

Any input would be great, thanks guys.

Reply to Advice on underwater tiling(swimming pools) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to tile a simple drywall construction in our bathroom. I got some good advice here so I hope you guys...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.