Discuss Advertising in Thomson local in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

Was in the thompson many years had a advert quite a big box, Never had a single call in a year did,nt bother after that

R

ryanmc0305

mate why dont you just make your own website ! and theres loads of sites that allows free advertising ! i made a website in like five minutes ! have a look RMC Tiling LTD | No job to big or small you can then submit your site name to google and haypresto your on google search page ( takes 14 days tho ) . thats all they do when they charge you for it ! i made mine on Freewebs.com - Free website, free hosting, free webpage - Make a web site with photo albums, blogs, videos, forums and more! !

Damn maybe i should of charged you for that info lol !!!!!!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
JESUS! What an outlay for a business for just an advert!

The Sun can do you a better deal and hits more locals I'm sure!

I recommend you always use the free listings - as customers will look at those too whilst they're on the page - but I'd recommend investing that cash in advertising more uniquely personally.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
you can then submit your site name to google and haypresto your on google search page ( takes 14 days tho )

Doesn't work quite like that. And it doesn't take 14 days. It can be quite quickly - just a few days - or ages - months.

You're best getting a couple of links from already indexed websites. And you don't need to submit to google or any search engine to list in google or any search engine. You just need links to your website.

Are you actually ranking for "Tiler in yourlocalarea" with that website then?

R

ryanmc0305

just goin on what your sayin dan , links do help to move you up the page also key words such as (in my case say "liverpool tiler") but acording to google your website has to be submitted to them for you to apear in there search !

Are you actually ranking for "Tiler in yourlocalarea" with that website then?
What do you mean by that ?

O

Olz

He means when you do a google search for tiler in liverpool, does your site appear in the search results.

O

Olz

And the answer to the question is yes, your site is ranked on the 1st page of results when 'tiler in liverpool' is searched. :thumbsup:

W

White Room

I get work thru other trades and recommend them for work not that the plumbers/heating engineers need it

U

Ultimate Tiling

I've just been on the phone to manager at Thompson Local.
After filling an order form out for the website I ordered (£950 package) they informed me that I could not make any changes to my website without going to a higher package which was about £250 per year more. The sales rep told me that they would not update website but i could.

When I got talking to the manager I also found out that this £950 is renable after a year and if I cancel I just get the domain name back NO WEBSITE!!!

This completly the opposite of what the salesman told me, he said I paid for a website to be built so it would be mine if i did not renew my package!

Anyway ive cancelled that package and look like having a go at building one on my own and getting it ranked.

If anyone is going down the thompson website package way pm me if you need any advice as i am now an expert on their T&C after having over an hour on the phone canceling it!!!:mad2:

R

ryanmc0305

see my previous post mate ! that should help you out !!! if you need any help that is lol !

O

ourhandyman

I just got a call from Thompson local today trying to sell me website advertising. She tried to convince me that they do something so special with getting us noticed on google that no one else does. She called it. "embeding spiders on my website" I intreigated her further to explain what she meant and all she was talking about was keyword and optimisation for them.

I have done this myself for over 6 years. Who do they think there are kidding. It should not be allowed as most people do not understand the terminology they can con them into a sale. If you want help in SEO then Ill help you all I can when my free time permits. Dont pay for the over expensive SEO that they are offering.

Hope this is helpfull

Al
www.ourhandyman.co.uk

M

mikethetile

I got a call today from aquagoogle whoever they are

well impressed with his patter, I wish I could do that

so for only £120 a month I can have a website that will be in the top 5 on page one with 1700 hits a month

he reckons on 170 leads from that

now then what am I going to do with 170 leads a month

Reply to Advertising in Thomson local in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay