Discuss adding common or garden glitter to grout .......... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

paulyoung666

........... is it possible to do this or not advised or just plain stupid on my part to think of doing it :lol:

P

paulyoung666

why run the risk or do you enjoy removing grout:8:

i aint going to dive in headfirst , i would have a go at a test piece first and weigh the amount of glitter used , it was just an idea :smilewinkgrin:

A

albyshellshear

i used to be the same trying to save money only with pies and pastrys, it was all good till you made a bad batch (butcher gave me bad pork), it cost me a lot of custom i then relised its better to just buy them ready made so if something goes wrong you just pass the complaint on, i suppose it would be the same if you mess with grout and it all goes wrong, if you messed with it the big companies would just wash their hands.

C

Colour Republic

Give it a go and let us know how you get on:thumbsup:, have you used the Mapei glitter so you can compare?

I wonder if Mapei coat the glitter in anything so the grout adheres to it better? So the grout is sill one solid piece rather than thosands of ever so slightly weak spots, that's the only thing I can think of that would make it any different from normal glitter

P

paulyoung666

i aint used the mapei glitter so i cant compare , it was just a random thought , probably a little too random :yikes: :mad2: :incazzato: :lol:

A

Aston

hi paul

its a good idea mate, its just that mapei have put their expertise into it, tried it and tested it so they can guarantee the grout...if you mix your own and say it looks ok now but in 4 months time it starts to degrade for example, then you'll get the comeback...cheap isnt always the best option but i can see where your coming from mate :thumbsup:

ed...

Reaction score
I'm intrigued, albeit cautiously, to see what result you would get Paul :yikes:

Do a sample on a scrap 1m2 piece of plasterboard.....

.... not that I would EVER recommend you do it on a live job:yikes::yikes:

W

westerhopetiles

i aint going to dive in headfirst , i would have a go at a test piece first and weigh the amount of glitter used , it was just an idea :smilewinkgrin:
buy 2 packs of glitter grout and mix with ultracolor it works and should cost no more than 22 pound all in

D

Daz

I had a similar thought, but for the reason that I didn't want to purchase 10 bags of Mapei gold glitter, so I asked Mapei what the implications would be.

They refused to reply????

I still have no idea whether you will experience colour bleeding, grout failure or any other detrimental issues. If you use the kerapoxy design (£45 a go), it is going to be an expensive experiment though!

Let us know the results of you do try though, please. :thumbsup:.

Reply to adding common or garden glitter to grout .......... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks