Discuss A genuine offer ( or not ) ?? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

Clydesider

Hi Guys,

Just playing around on tinternet and came across Walls And Floors website.

Seems to be offering a whole load of half price Rubi gear - Not sure how good the prices are to start with though..........

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 9966

Best to shop around Clydesider, see what deals are available. Don't forget our sponsors >>>>

I've removed the link to the website.

D

DHTiling

Walls and floors do have good offers on ... as above though do shop about and price compare.

B

binsy

just looked at site for cost of rubi ts 40 as i,m looking for one, £163 inc vat, this is about the going rate on the sites i've been trawling so going on that there nothing special, watching a few on ebay etc 2nd hand as always used rubi, but keep reading about sigma, they do look a lot heavier though are they worth the extra cost??

S

Sigma UK

just looked at site for cost of rubi ts 40 as i,m looking for one, £163 inc vat, this is about the going rate on the sites i've been trawling so going on that there nothing special, watching a few on ebay etc 2nd hand as always used rubi, but keep reading about sigma, they do look a lot heavier though are they worth the extra cost??

The Sigma cutters are not heavy at all. Apart from the 128cm but thats to be expected. I would also say they are worth every penny as they do last a long time and can cut most tile types. The ts40 if its the green case is a ceramic tile cutter "only" 400kg breaker. where as the plus range in the red box is for porcelain. 750kg breaker. they also have a fixed breaking system so you can't cut mosaic sheets etc... but go with what you can afford and feel confortable with.

mz30

TF
Arms
Reaction score
£163 plus vat sounds a lot for a ts-40 last time i bought one it was £126 including vat was about 5 years ago though.

C

Clydesider

As I'm looking for my first, I'm after a good second-hand all-rounder. Having read through some old threads though, and some of you " old sweat" :smilewinkgrin: recommendations, the 'big clinker' that Screwfix are doing for £80 just now does seem rather attractive ?

P

prceramics

rubi ts 40 plus is a great cutter dont get the normal ts 40 ( the green one) it will struggle on porcelain :)

D

DHTiling

Rubi struggle on porcelain.. surely not :lol:

Has to be Sigma all day long and in pull cut version.

S

Stef

O.K., which of you bandits beat me on fleabay ?:incazzato:

I'm putting my ts40 & ts60 up for sale very soon,
One last job to do with the 60, glazed ceramic, that my tomechanic is just too heavy on, breaks away too much of the glaze.
Will be up on sale in about a fortnight unless I get a sigma quicker.

Reply to A genuine offer ( or not ) ?? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks