Discuss 90sqm of 1000x500 porcelain across 5 rooms in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
This is by far the biggest job I have committed to undertake.

At first I was going to do all the work myself, but after thinking about it (and having nightmares) I am going to have to get someone else to help me. This extra person is another tiler.

The job:
Remove 40sqm of ceramic tiles in kitchen/utility.
Remove 50sqm of carpet from 3 other rooms.
Remove sanitary ware from downstairs cloakroom.
Install 90sqm of electric UFH. (5 zones).
Spread 90sqm of SLC to cover UFH
Lay 90sqm of 1000x500x 12 porcelain tiles (not polished) in brickbond across 5 rooms. Skirtings are not being removed.

I’ve told the customer it is not possible to have a continuous pattern into all 5 rooms. In fact, the customer originally wanted herringbone pattern!

My question is how long do you think it will take 2 tilers to complete this job? The customer is moving out for 1 week!

All materials are being supplied by customer.

Cheers
Sean

T

Time's Ran Out

If the 40sq mts come up ok then a minimum of 2 weeks.
9sq mts a day for 10days divided by 2 = 4and a half mts each = 9 tiles per day each.

I like the Herringbone idea.

G

Gall.B

Skirtings are not being removed??????????

All that money what a waste, have you suggested a tile skirting?

The customer supplying good material?

As TJ says less than a fortnight esy with 2 men.

Reply to 90sqm of 1000x500 porcelain across 5 rooms in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22