Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss 365 drill set in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

H

hillhead

I have been using my 365 kit again this week,porcelain and ceramic.Top class job again.
A plumber arrived to my job on tuesday !! me with loads still to do!(pressure or what) he had 3 others with him too:yikes:.Luckily they had plenty to do(new house) but by thursday they were fitting toilet,rads and basins,Me just grouting ahead in them areas and even tiling left to do around windows etc!! phew,got out by lunch time friday.
Anyway when the head plumber seen my holes for the chrome towel rail pipes he near choked !!:yikes: lol. Perfect and tight,tried to say he needed more space around them,15mm pipes(16mm drill bit),lol.i had em at correct distance apart and think thats why he was panicking.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

heatybob

hi all,have read on other posts about concerns with some of the larger sizes designed for waste pipes,some posters saying the holes are a tiny bit to small,I just wonder if everyone is aware that waste pipes vary in size dependent on their jointing method,what i mean is an inch and half(40mm)push fit or ring seal waste pipe is smaller than the same size solvent weld waste pipe,consequently one may fit one may not!!:mad2: if this is the case then it is important you or who ever fits the waste pipe fits the smaller size,im sure the plumbers on here are aware of this but now hopefully are the tilers:thumbsup:,
by the way richard GREAT PRODUCT:hurray:

H

heatybob

I have been using my 365 kit again this week,porcelain and ceramic.Top class job again.
A plumber arrived to my job on tuesday !! me with loads still to do!(pressure or what) he had 3 others with him too:yikes:.Luckily they had plenty to do(new house) but by thursday they were fitting toilet,rads and basins,Me just grouting ahead in them areas and even tiling left to do around windows etc!! phew,got out by lunch time friday.
Anyway when the head plumber seen my holes for the chrome towel rail pipes he near choked !!:yikes: lol. Perfect and tight,tried to say he needed more space around them,15mm pipes(16mm drill bit),lol.i had em at correct distance apart and think thats why he was panicking.

Heating pipes need room to expand (laws of physics) and expand they will.IMO a 20mm hole covered with a nice chrome pipe coller is the safer option.there are posts on here where this has been found to be the case

H

hillhead

My kit burnt out after 4 drills, very hard porcelian.:dizzy2:
wow fred.thats not good.mine are still ok.done a good few holes too.maybe my porcelain wasn't as hard fred.i drilled ceramic too .like a knife to cheese.

S

stevee

used my kit today on a batroom, only tried on 8mm ceramics, good bit of kit,dont take long to get thru

didnt bother with the 16, for 15mm pipe, used the next one up so didnt have to be pinpoint accurate,steve

D

Deleted member 1779

kit2.jpg

Thanks Stevee one thing the kit gives everyone is flexibility to change holesaws so that they can handle most service pipe sizes.

tiledrill_2.jpg

Not uncommon to use a bigger crown for example the 40mm socket to bring through a radiator pipe without having to remove the valve.

radiator5.jpg

Or even as you suggested the 30mm socket to bring through a 15mm copper pipe.

radiator1.jpg

A lot of service pipes have capping plates so you never get to see the entry point.

Reply to 365 drill set in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks