Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss 1st Time Floor Tiling (or any tiling!) in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

cooper

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Evening everyone, first post from a virgin tiler.

I am due to start tile the bathroom floor very soon, and I am nervous and want to make sure I've done everything right before I start, so any reasurrance would be gladly received.

The floor is more or less level and I have put 12mm Aquapanel concrete board down. I've screwed the boards down, but haven't put tile https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ underneath, although after watching the videos from Knauf, I'm wondering if I should've done.

There were a few creaks/cracks as I screwed them down to the floorboards which I am hoping is inevitable, as I highly doubt any floor is perfectly flat. I've put more screws in than I probably should have; is that okay? I just want to make sure it doesn't move.

Will the boards still have a slight give in them with them only lying on floorboards, as when I walk on them they feel slightly springy, or I may just be hallucinating!

I'd be very grateful if someone could give me an honest appraisal of what I've done so far, as it will give me confidence going forward to do the tile. My worst fear when I speak to people/watch videos is that the tiles will move and the grout will crack and spoil, so I just want to know I've done all I can to alleviate problems.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and any assistance/advice will be very gratefully received.

Reaction score
I had the same concerns with my bathroom floor but I’ve had no issues (18 months so far)

The floorboards are always going move slightly anyway. (And mine’s got underfloor heating so more movement to contend with).

As long as you use flexible https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and grout you should be fine.

Good luck

Reply to 1st Time Floor Tiling (or any tiling!) in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock