Search the forum,

Discuss 18sq m of hexagon tiles in Hemsby, Norfolk in the Tiling Jobs | Find a Tiler - Post Tiling Work Here area at TilersForums.com.

C

Cat

Need our bathroom tiling, the house is being rennovated and the bathroom is first. All walls are freshly plastered apart from inside the shower which are original walls but have been tanked ready to tile onto. Toilet, sinks etc have not been fitted yet, bath and shower tray are in.

We have had a few local tilers in to look at the job and they said its too hard for them or they don't want the job so looking for a pro that can do this to a good finish.

Tiles are 10mm thick porcelain, hexagonal shaped.

The shower area is to be fully tiled approx 6.5m^2, the rest of the room is only partialy tiled with the tiles following a design around the room. I can provide a plan for the tilea and pictures of the room if required. The tile plan doesnt have to be stuck exactally to as its just a guide, the tiles are almost flowing around the room (hope that makes sense)

Last edited by a moderator:
U

Unused Account 1

It is hard to do ,they probably have to charge you to much for the time its going to take

C

Cat

I don't want to sound ungrateful for your reply, but surely the thing I am paying for is time, and there skills!

A job costs, what it costs. I just want someone to do it so I dont have to do it myself

T

Time's Ran Out

@Cat - your exactly right !
Although it may take a little longer any tiler worth their salt should jump at the opportunity to do something different.
Have any been out to look or is it just from an enquiry that they are not interested.

C

Cat

@Cat - your exactly right !
Although it may take a little longer any tiler worth their salt should jump at the opportunity to do something different.
Have any been out to look or is it just from an enquiry that they are not interested.

I have had 2 come to look at the house, others that have asked me to send them photos and then once I chase them drop off the planet. I'm getting increasingly frustrated

B

Bill

Put photos on here and maybe we could give you an explanation why no tilers are interested. It may help you understand why the tilers are reluctant to do the job.

C

Cat

Hey, Sorry for the delay,

This is the rough tiling plan, I have flattened the room to easily see where the cuts etc would be on the tiles

Excuse the mess, we have been using the bathroom as a dumping ground while its not in use.

These are a few images of the bathroom, ignore the tiles that you can see on the bath, these have now been removed and so has all the adhesive.

B

Bill

Is that paint on them there walls?

There is a hell of a lot of work in this bathroom, my starting price would be very high.

Good luck.

Reply to 18sq m of hexagon tiles in Hemsby, Norfolk in the Tiling Jobs | Find a Tiler - Post Tiling Work Here area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen