Currently reading:
Your thoughts on coverage?

Discuss Your thoughts on coverage? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hi
I layed 4 tiles for a customer in a front door entrance. The customer then wanted me to rip up the carpet and tile the whole hallway in the same tiles. This meant taking up the tiles I layed. They came up with no difficulty and saw there was pretty good coverage in under most of the tiles imo (pics atached). I used tilemaster rapid flex and a 14mm solid bed trowel. What do you guys think of the coverage and would you continue with the 14mm solid bed or used a 12mm notched? 450mm glazed porceline tile.
20181120_094802.jpg
20181120_094756.jpg
Concrete screed in a new build which is pretty level and in good condition. Thanks in advance

Can't see any issue there ,what is your concern ? If you are looking for a greater bond strength you need to upgrade from rapidflex which is a c2 rapid to a full on S1 like setaflex , the tiles were well bedded and went going anywhere if you had not hit them with a hammer
Cheers for the reply Gary. I was mainly conceded how easily they came up considering I had good coverage and back buttered and have never actually had to take my tiles up before after 3 weeks (well never) so didn't know what to expect. I'm not the most experienced tiler so was just after opinions and advice from the wonderful people on here. I'm putting it down to the adhesive not being fully cured due to time, draft and cat p*ss.

Reply to Your thoughts on coverage? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement