Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Would you make a Poll for us to vote on, if you could think of one? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just wondering if you guys are going to make some Polls too :)

Go to start a new topic and scroll down a little and you will see the options to add a poll to your new topic. Enter the question and the possible answers and click submit.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Just wondering if you guys are going to make some Polls too :)

Go to start a new topic and scroll down a little and you will see the options to add a poll to your new topic. Enter the question and the possible answers and click submit.

I ceratainly would / will, as and when the time and or question arises :wink_smile:

T

tiler tom

I dont know if a poll is the right word. It has become aparant that there are concerns amongst some about the amount of work out there, so I suggest some means of tilers on the forum being able too post an honest amount of work they have done in the last month for example along with the general area.

E

enduro

Dont know how to start a poll, but a good one to try is whether tilers in certain area would all get together once a month and chat about work, pass on work to others who are a bit slack on work, and all agree a price for tiling so we are not pricing cheaper and fighting each other and try to work together so we can all make a desent living. there are a group of plumbers in my area who do it, and they say it works well.

F

Fekin

But don't they call that price fixing, lol

Honestly though, there will always been many others who will under cut for work, but sounds good in theory.

E

enduro

No not price fixing, just to try and earn a living, i think tiling is very underestimated trade, its a highly skilled job, people buy there tiles and exspect you to put them up for nothing. I dont go to work to earn a round of drinks at the end of the day.

M

McP77

Dont know how to start a poll, but a good one to try is whether tilers in certain area would all get together once a month and chat about work, pass on work to others who are a bit slack on work, and all agree a price for tiling so we are not pricing cheaper and fighting each other and try to work together so we can all make a desent living. there are a group of plumbers in my area who do it, and they say it works well.

I think that sounds like a good idea. Have recently passed some work on as couldn't fit it in. May be nice to have some passed back if I go through a quiet spell. Could also discuss local suppliers, pain in the a&^e customers to avoid, and any handy hints.

M

McP77

You're right there enduro about it being a highly skilled job. Was brushing up on my technical knowledge in the sun today and was amazed at how much info I have learnt. And don't get me wrong I don't think I know everything yet either. Still learning every day.

Reply to Would you make a Poll for us to vote on, if you could think of one? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks