Search the forum,

Discuss Wood hearth in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

quick draw macgraw

Hi,

Job tomorrow tiling floor and up over wood hearth but cant figure hearth in my set up with regards to centering it as i am governed by an expansion joint so my question when i follow the pattern over hearth and the edge on the top has to be cut to follow the pattern do i lay the riser over the edge or use trim.
Just wondering what would look like with riser covering the edge rather than the top covering the riser edge if you catch my drift.
Or should i just use trim?

Thanks Steve.

Q

quick draw macgraw

Good thinking Dave,

recommend anywhere for 8mm one, these are the things i miss out being new and it ends up costing in the end but life's a learning curve eh.
p.s any alternative to bal microseal silicon (charcoal that will do the same job but less outlay)?

Steve.

D

DHTiling

hi steve...

schluter do some very nice profiled trims..i would say use a flat edge one then it does'nt show as much profile......
As for the silicone try screwfix..they do mapei silicone in black...... HERE..
----
p.s. CTD will get the schluter trim for you..........

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

quick draw macgraw

Thanks dave who stocks schluter in the north or is it all mail order?

p.s any recommendations as to which mapei silicon will be the closest match for bal charcoal?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

As i said steve.........CTD do them........they are about £8 the flat edges ones.....

Reply to Wood hearth in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen