Search the forum,

Discuss Why use tanking compound?!? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

I am redoing my bathroom. The bath had a shower over. The tiling was 45 years old - not tanked. I know that for the last 20 years the shower has been used most days. There were no tile problems.

Tiles were onto sand cement render layer with adhesive.

Plasterboard was not available forty five years ago easyt, many people use the stuff in their bathrooms nowadays and its for that reason that modern up to date tanking solutions are available.
Many people used to drive their cars with solid tyres and laughed at the idea of inflatable ones, I know which version I would prefer.........:thumbsup::thumbsup:

E

easyt

Plasterboard was not available forty five years ago easyt, many people use the stuff in their bathrooms nowadays and its for that reason that modern up to date tanking solutions are available.
Many people used to drive their cars with solid tyres and laughed at the idea of inflatable ones, I know which version I would prefer.........:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I was not imtending to tank the walls this time just rapidset onto the render and a 'waterproof' powder mix grout. Am I being unwise ?

Reply to Why use tanking compound?!? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.