Currently reading:
Who is busy?

Discuss Who is busy? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

Gary - that's the advantage of being 'old' - Saga do some great holidays at this time of the year when its dark and cold
Off to Tenerife (to an international tiling conference:smilewinkgrin:) next week so I'll get some sun on the bald patch.
Then a couple of stone floors down in Dave's area:lol: Newton Aycliffe (plenty of money down there) and a Victorian hallway and path to sort when the weather gets better - still having to wear a shirt just now!
That's what I love about this job - variety!

D

diamondtiling

Rushed off our feet, these are a few pictures of the site and its very big. We have another 150 apartments to do plus the basalt on the different levels. We had some great tilers turn up and the usual odd people (Hi Joe, Joe is qualified to run the world, trained in all aspects of everything yet offered to be a labourer to a tiling team, he is a very strange little man that wasted a lot of my time......:ban:)

A few pictures..........

Photo-0190.jpg Photo-0208.jpg Photo-0194.jpg Photo-0206.jpg Photo-0186.jpg Photo-0196.jpg Photo-0211.jpg Photo-0187.jpg Photo-0198.jpg Photo-0184.jpg

D

diamondtiling

Got any training activities lined up yet Dom? Or are you waiting for a lull in the normal day job?

Hi Liz, we have 6 ladies that want to start a course in March, we also have had some interest in the plastering side. To be honest I am concentrating on getting some needed funds in and then getting the advertising cranked up a bit. I have adverts on the van and we have some signs going up around Crewe next week so that will help. Its all down to word of mouth to begin with. I expect it will take some time before I can stop tiling.

D

Deleted member 9966

Hi Liz, we have 6 ladies that want to start a course in March, we also have had some interest in the plastering side. To be honest I am concentrating on getting some needed funds in and then getting the advertising cranked up a bit. I have adverts on the van and we have some signs going up around Crewe next week so that will help. Its all down to word of mouth to begin with. I expect it will take some time before I can stop tiling.

all positive stuff though and it's heading in the right direction. at some point I shall send Mr GRR to one of your sessions. He needs to learn how to measure and cut tiles properly :lol:

H

hillhead

I am quiet since last week, i had a nice start to year for a couple of weeks but then fell away.
I have 8 jobs in book with first for a monday start i hope, i have worked half a day this week and one and a half last week so better than nothing but i don't mind, i can honestly see a rush coming as i am in with another shop with high hopes there.
Tiling seems very quiet in Ireland so fingers crossed my contacts kick in with style.
Dom what Joe are you suggesting there in your post? lol. Tell me i'm curious as you know i know a joe close to you.lol

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I had an enquiry via text this evening? WTF cant they pick up the phone?

Anyone else had that happen? I guess i should ring them back but you know im really reluctant to call them if they can be arsed to call me first. They need me more than i need them, although i do need some cash :/

they normaly do that to cancle the job!

Reply to Who is busy? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.