Currently reading:
which trowel size

Discuss which trowel size in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

grumpygrouter

Thanks Grumpy Grouter,
I was going to use Topps SLC as I get most of my stuff from there ? and do the boards need priming before the SLC goes on top,

thanks again Harry.........

Also do the UFH have to be tested before the SLC is poured on ? thanks.
Insulating boards do not normally need priming, but check manufacturers and SLC manufacturers recommendations.

U

Uheat

Put SLC down, trowel size is less of an issue then and you have other advantages, like a flat surface to tile on to, less potential to damage your cables.....

SLC is always the best way to go as Grumpy Says.

No of course it wont thanks, obviously the latex slc followed by a single part flexi ?
Also not used much slc am i right to presume that you you just pour over the wires until it covers them ? and would the boards need priming first ?
Cheers Harry......

the SLC only needs to cover the wires roughly 4-5mm should be fine.

Thanks Grumpy Grouter,
I was going to use Topps SLC as I get most of my stuff from there ? and do the boards need priming before the SLC goes on top,

thanks again Harry.........

Also do the UFH have to be tested before the SLC is poured on ? thanks.

Best things is to have a multimeter and a installation monitor which will save you a lot of time retesting the mats. Have a look at Underfloor Heating | Installation Accessories | Uheat

Reply to which trowel size in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m putting down 800x800x10mm porcelain floor tiles. Floor area is 2m x 2.7m, 18mm chipboard. I added loads...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds. Chunks of what i assume is self leveller or maybe screed (?) came up with them. Left with Concrete...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that wall material has been taken off as well, so everything had to be smoothed. After smoothing with some...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.