Search the forum,

Discuss Which laser level? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sibs

Hi all

Can anyone help me decide which laser level to get? I have wittled it down to three:- Stanley CLE Dewalt Dw087K-XJ Bosch Plc1.
Can anyone tell me weather the Dewalt is significantly more accurate than the other two? My criteria are:
1) Accuracy
2) Quality/ well made
3) Accessories

Would anyone rate one above the other or are they all much of a muchness?
For instance, you get more accessories with the Stanley but the Bosch has more accuracy than the Stanley and comes with a tripod. However the Dewalt seems to be the most accurate but no tripod. Do you all see where I'm going with this?:lol:
Anyway I would be grateful for any input guys n gals. Cheers!

T

tiler burden

why havent you considered the pls180??? can project 360 degrees around the room when place against a wall, it a cross laser, line laser, square laser and its used by all the pro ceiling and particioners in the uk..get them from topcon or on ebay ...one of the best pound for pound laser levels on the market

ed

NickH

TF
Reaction score
i use a pls2, great bit of kit. Has a magnetic bracket which will hold onto a corner angle bead which can be handy, also it can swivel on the bracket. I find it much quicker to establish your datum if you can project a level line around the room and then measure up and down to all your horizontals, its easy to move the line up or down and then re measure. Having decided on your datum i would then generally mark out with a long stabila level.

S

sibs

Thanks for that dh but I ordered that one and the leg of the tripod wouldn't tighten properly so had to send it back and ended up not being overly impressed with the overall quality of it. It did surprise me because of the brand.

T

tiler burden

if youve got any sense mate, you'll get the pls180! its the new version of the pls2....theres one going for 160 on ebay 7-99 del, its brand new with a saving of 30 quid...you get what you pay for mate, pay cheap, pay twice

ed

P

protilers

i have owned a Dewalt Dw087K for two years........i use it everyday....accurate....clear beam, cheaper lasers have less clear beams.....no more battons.....a must purchase comes in the box with a clamp......but you are going to need a pole.......i got mine from stanley £60.............

Reply to Which laser level? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen