Search the forum,

Discuss When things go wrong... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

I have posted these in here, as its not good for my rep (such as it is in the gutter most of the time) to show this type of thing.

I got asked to do a nero marquina book matched free standing unit, by an architect I had worked with before. However the main contractor wasn't best pleased that he had to come to me...understandable as he has his own 'stone team'. So they wanted supply only, they sent the templates over, I did slab selection, the cad drawings, and put it all into production. Somehow the pieces got lost in transit and ended up on the wrong truck and ended up in France...then it was re-routed and arrived on Monday. The 'stone team' picked up the pieces and said they would put it together on site.

So this is what was shipped, I had it mocked up before shipment:-

SAM_3912.JPG SAM_3903.JPG nero_marquina.jpg SAM_3902.JPG

I was fairly happy at this point, it had book matched quite nicely, I had it honed down, re-meshed, and had a good clean down and seal.

This morning I got the ......phone call.....saying that none of the pieces stuck together and I should be ashamed of myself, for thinking they would accept this crap. So I asked for some photos to be sent over...as I was in the hossie today having a bit of surgery done on my shoulder. These are some of the photos they sent:-

site 3.jpg site.jpg

So Gents...I want your take on this. I have a couple or three or four theories, but want to be sure in my own mind before I open my mouth.

Thanks!

Lynn

Attachments

• site 1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 29

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
They've either put it together wrong or put it together as badly as they could to try and make you look bad! I'd ring and tell them they are a bunch of tossers and you'll send you're guys round to show them how to do it properly! Ok maybe not those exact words but you get what I mean! Good luck sorting it out Lynn!

S

Spud

I would send one of your guys to site as a courtesy at least then you will have someone you trust to give honest feedback

C

Colour Republic

to be honest the pictures don't really show much.

the first set from the fabricators could have had other corners out of line away from the corner shown, and the second lot from site don't show that they have put it together correctly. Is this sitting on a timber frame?

Needs someone to go and have a look in person, hopefully they are being idiots and you can charge for the visit! Don't let the sods try and alter or cut the stone before you see it!

Reply to When things go wrong... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen