Search the forum,

Discuss whats the worst jobs you've come across........ in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Perfect Tiling

Just wondering...as tilers what the worst jobs are we see. Thought I'd ask as this month alone I've been gobsmacked. Two weeks ago I came across porcelain floor tiles stuck (just) to a heated anhydrite screed with dot n dab......silicon. Then this week I've been retiling an outide step that had been tiled with porcelain tiles bedded onto BAL whitestar. Customer queried the tiler when he did it but he was assured it was being done by the book?

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
last year i had to rectify a job , the so called tiler had , dot and dabbed 600x300 porcelain tiles with greens star in 2 barthrooms fully tiled . when the client questioned the tiler , he said he had always used this method with no problems

hmmm what ever . lol

W

WetSaw

I'm just about to do my first mosaic shower tray so I'll let you know!
(It's a freebie for a mate before all the"learning on the job" comments start! )

P

Perfect Tiling

Mosaics on shower trays aren't too bad...just take your time. I usually dry lay the mosaics to make sure they fit without any little cuts at the edges. At least they follow the tray profie. Good luck.

S

Stef

Here's one today, tiling not too bad but the setting out??
Oh & the paint...
f509aa50742d8f792210536a736273d8.jpg

717b2f938da1c7e275f40896bb0d8350.jpg

bc90eace80b61670bcef440f5ebf7b55.jpg

25mm rip to the top..

T

taffy

my sister has just had a new kitchen fitted by the council who contracted it out (I won't name and shame the company) oh, my god!!! has to be the worst job I have seen, she wishes she kept the old kitchen now... the same company also did a friends kitchen and the quality of work was exactly the same, I assume 'slap it in and get from there' is their moto

Reply to whats the worst jobs you've come across........ in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen