Search the forum,

Discuss Whats the best advice or tip you have gained from Tilers Forums in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Scott

As the tilte suggests what is the best thing you have learned from TF? and from who did you learn it?

Mine are as follows:

Cutting metal tile trim and using a piece of timber to hold it steady in the box. I got this from Deano

To buy a Montolit, from Aston Ed

When dot and dabbing plasterboard putting a tram line ont he ceiling and floor to make sure the boards are flat on the wall. I watched a mate do this once without this method and the wall was awful! Thats advice was from Aston again.

I think they are my top 3, what are yours?

U

user123

Without joining this forum I would not have found out about the NETT course, and I am so grateful.

As to everything else, it's too late now and this page is not big enough to put it all down, but I appreciate this forum every day.... :)

S

SandyFloor

Before joining this forum I knew little about decoupling and hadn't even heard of anhydrite screeds. Anhydrite in particular is becoming more common in my area and I've done a couple of large jobs on it (total 500 sq. mtrs) and am currently looking at another two. I think it comes down to being able to discuss it with some level of knowledge gives me an edge over others. Decoupling I can also discuss with confidence knowing the principles of it's uses to a reasonable degree.

Can't give credit to just any one person but more to the forum and it's organisers as a whole :thumbsup:

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Agree with Gisela and Sandyfloor - too much to mention just one or two bits of advice, or those providing it. This forum has helped me massively in my work and has without doubt made me more professional when pricing up jobs, as I can speak with confidence about issues others dont even mention.
Whilst the course I went on was good for practical knowledge, there was nothing technical mentioned - so this has all been learned via this fantastic forum

D

Deleted member 1779

We have had so much commercial feedback on our product from forum members that its hard to define anything specific. So I would say

"The most useful tip we have learned from this forum is...." Listen to the members on product feedback

There is now NOTHING we do / change / launch now without asking the members here first! - A powerful forum

B

Barry bp

out of most trades in the past 10 years or more I feel the tiling trade has changed the most and when you work alone it is a great help to be able to dissguse tiling problems or should I say challanges.I have only been a member for a short time but find the forum very helpfull.The favourite tip for me so fare is the 3 way mitre with edging srip.Not sure who posted it now.:thumbsup:

PS Thank You to all the members who help run the forum:thumbsup::thumbsup:

D

Derry

far too much to mention. every single day I pick up great tips or learn things I didnt previously know.
fantastic forums

Reply to Whats the best advice or tip you have gained from Tilers Forums in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen