Currently reading:
What you got to tile next week.(21st november 2011).

Discuss What you got to tile next week.(21st november 2011). in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
unfortunatly no tiling until 1st week in jan.
just on with a 200y old cottage re plaster and a big extention plaster also got a factory re fit (plastering)to fit in before chrimbo.

the plumber on both jobs is tiling the bathrooms,hopefully he will be ok,not sure though,he asked for to re do a chiminey breast in the bathroom square,it was on a curve,from top to middle,so joiner has to build a frame ,said he couldent tile that,its impossible

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
bathroom to do on monday and tuse, this is the one where i have to remove the trim first, so will hopefully still have all my fingers by mon evening...then a 14m2 kitchen floor to prep and retile to finish off the week.

and if i have friday free i may take a trip to the NEC bike show.......any one eles going or been yet?

Last edited:
S

Stef

And I have just had a phone call from a woman asking for a quote, I said "what time scale are you looking at?" and she replied "well I probably wont get the tiles until Tuesday morning"... What is wrong with people?

When they phone you they either expect you to drop everything or they think you just sit in the house waiting on these kind of phone calls & you can nip round the next day.

R

Rich

bathroom to do on monday and tuse, this is the one where i have to remove the trim first, so will hopefully still have all my fingers by mon evening...then a 14m2 kitchen floor to prep and retile to finish off the week.

and if i have friday free i may take a trip to the NEC bike show.......any one eles going or been yet?

I was hoping to take a trip to that but cant fit it in. Looks good, Cal Crutchlow has his M1 Yam on stage for all to hear, I bet that will sound nice.

S

Spud

very busy at the moment ,got to start a reception area to a block of flats ,70 treads and risers landings and half landings with stringers and skirtings, also got to get to another job where i am tiling the bathrooms and ensuites in 8 flats all in 1200 x 600 thin porcelain, got to tile a small bathroom in 60x60 porcelain and also do an alteration to a floor I tiled a couple of months ago and finish a floor I started on friday 30m2 1200x600 porcelain so I guess I will be flat out all week and work lates to get it covered

H

hillhead

I'm still jumping between two mansions, tomorrow will finish the bordering of the big slab floor, Tuesday I'll be slabbing two shower areas one of which is very big. 20mm slabs all round.
Later in week I hope to return to my diamond set marble hallway to finish the double border too. It's a cracker.
Week after Im back to the other one to tile the staircase in marble.
Busy times thankfully, I'll be glad see end of these big ones.

I

IvegotsTILE

I have got the easiest week in the world.5 different jobs either small splashbacks or downstairs toilets,most jobs should be done by 1,2 in the afternoon.Fitting in all the smal jobs I have before doing everything in a house in December that will take me all the way up till Christmas. Love it. I enjoy smirking to myself everytime the phone rings with a job they want doing by next weekend.Do these people think we have no work?

Reply to What you got to tile next week.(21st november 2011). in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them professionally laid. At the time I asked if they needed sealing. The tiler told me since they were...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers? I'll tell you a funny story about how I got a job with Topps Tiles Newcastle and got top sales...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this notification but what was the out come at the end as I have just had a xylophone installed and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.