Discuss What tile supplier do you favor for all around service? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Steveoboy

I recently added tiling to the services that I offer as a general builder. I'm looking to do regular business with one supplier, rather than several different ones. I dropped into N & C Tile style, tile clearing house and Topps tiles today, and had a look around and chat with the assistants. They were all helpful, but I guess Topps tiles seemed to offer the biggest range of stock and had more readily available info on wet room systems, underfloor heating and such things. They also had a bigger range of quality tools. But, I have heard that they are expensive.

So who do you guys prefer to use on a regular basis? Price, advice and quality of stock being the important things.

S

Steveoboy

Thanks Sir Ramic, they have an outlet in Plymouth too (where I live), I will make a visit. Why are they be more suitable than the other suppliers?

G

Gazzer

They are bigger than most and have better buying power. They usually have offers on throughout the year. Where I am based I would have a 20 mile round trip to my nearest CTD which at the price of fuel dictates that I shop at an independent retailer.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Steveoboy

Sounds good, guess i'm lucky to have one a couple of miles away. I will make a visit ASAP.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
They are bigge than most and have better buying power.

CTD are part of the saint Gobain group still aren't they? I get a better discount trade from CTD than Grahams (plumbing supplier also part of the saint gobain group) can get them in for me.
My local topps are ok, we have a CTD here as well so i use both. TCH or tile clearance house is part of topps tiles and i believe they are in the process of closing all the TCH stores.

If you choose CTD that's great but don't tie yourself down to one. Don't under estimate tile suppliers advertising. I prefer CTD but topps is more retail based and as such advertise and promote themselves more to my customers and future customers. So i keep in with them as well ;)

S

Steveoboy

I did like the set up at Topps tiles, like you say I wont tie myself down. Two decent suppliers would be usefull. Cheers.

Reply to What tile supplier do you favor for all around service? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay