Search the forum,

Discuss wet cutters in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

burncross

just wondering how many use their wet cutter dry (with no water in)
i use it dry on thin ceramic, saves the mess!!

F

floydyboy

i often use my cutter dry , like burncross said saves the mess and always outside unless the customer is a nightmare then i do it inside for spite lol:lol: thats 1 way of getting them back , create asmany cuts as u can.:thumbsup:

E

Eddie

I always put water in my wet cutter, thats why its called a wet cutter! :whatchutalkingabout

F

floydyboy

here here Howard my blade is a lot older than that but like dave said you can buy wet and dry blades and we knoe them as wet cutters but they r not called wet citters. Electric tile cutter or saw will be 1 of the correct names they can be used wet or dry, wet eliminating the dust dry eliminating all the splashes :thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

Yes wet and dry cutting wheels but as GrumpyGrouter says it will lead to premature wear. Common sense really.
Angle grinders fitted with diamond wheels have dry cutting wheels and last a good time but I dont do 5% of the cutting with it than i do with my wet cutter.
So for occasional cuts, you can get away with dry but if you are doing lots then it pays to use it wet.

Reply to wet cutters in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello I plan to tile our bathroom with 60x60 cm tiles (8 mm thick) and the shower (because of...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen