Search the forum,

Discuss weight per m2 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cass

I have read on forum before that plaster board can take 32kilos per m2 and skimmed walls can take i think it was 25 k per m2 ,just of a matter of intrest what can dot and dabbed plaster board take.oh and i forgot to mention is it best not to use tubed gear to dot and dab with.

W

White Room

Skim board is 20kg,

Do you mean dot and dab the plasterboard on to the wall or the tiles with tubbed gear

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aston

hi cass

you definately should not dot and dab plasterboard to a wall with tubbed adhesive, must be drywall adhesive.

the weight of the dot and dabbed plasterboard would come in line with plaster weight ratios at 20kg per meter imo..if the boards were mechanically fixed, then as you are aware, that would be 32kg per m2

Ed

C

cass

I was asking is it better to avoid using tubed gear to dot and dab,so its 20 per m2 for dot and dabed walls i was thinking it might be less also when dot and dabbing do tou screw to wall as well,if so what screws do you use.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

Should'nt need to screw boards to the wall the dry wall adhesive is strong enough

D

diamondtiling

Driwall is bagged, use that to dot and dab the plaster board to the wall, use a powered adhesive to fix your tiles, if you want to batten the wall out you can screw the boards to the wall.

:thumbsup:

Reaction score
its a bit mad when you think about it!!dont dot & dab the tiles , but do dot & dab the board , imust addmit if i fix cement board on a good backing wall i trowel over addy then back butter the board then fix like a big tile :lol:

C

cass

towel over and then back butter that makes sense,but if the wall is not leval atoll then dot and dab.

Reply to weight per m2 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen