Currently reading:
Website and Business Cards

Discuss Website and Business Cards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Richardk

You can create your own free website with MS Office Live. You just pay for your domain name (about £12 from memory) and make your site using supplied templates. The site is hosted free of charge. Business cards from Goodprint are cheap, again using standard templates. Both are ok for a start up but neither look as good as professionally designed ones. Having a website wont necessarily get you found on 'tinterweb. Businesses large and small pay fortunes to have their sites on the first few pages of Google etc. Hope I've not broken any forum rules with my reply.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
You want to seriously consider what you want the website for. Often, free websites don't get you business coming in. A well designed cheap website that ranks in the search engines WILL.

I made an offer to the members that if they take out a website with mistore, I'll help optimise it and get you plenty of links to it to help get you first page of Google.

MiStore can help with domain names, but www.ukreg.com do them really cheap and quite often you get a free .co.uk with every .com bought.

Hit me back with the domain if you do go with mistore and I'll get to work. :)

D

Deleted member 1779

If you do go with vistaprint be VERY CAREFUL about a little error that crops up called VPREWARDS.com

When you go through checkout on Vistaprint there are multiple screens that you say no no no no no to all the offers they put in front of you.

VPrewards is the opposite. The box is pre-ticked and the words are like "Do you want to stop this VP reward offer"

Of course if you have selected 8 x no's and this one is in front of you most hit "no". You should have hit "Yes"

What is it? Basically its £14.99 a month for some voucher scheme. I got caught and went ballistic. They had to refund my money.

But I am not alone - there are thousands of claims going back 2 years.

Bottom Line advice - If you use vistaprint to order be VERY careful on checkout. Its probably easier to stick with the site sponsor if you can.

D

Deleted member 1779

Yes here are a couple of "funnies" You know when you go to GOOGLE and start to type what you want.... It tries to help you. Fun thing on the Graham Norton show is the Phrase.

I have.... (fourth comment = No Friends) he found that hilarious

When searching the Vista Print thing do the same by typing VP Rewards and look at the first five suggestions when you type this phrase into its search box [VP Rew ]

To save time though if anyone wants to check out what the fuss is about this is probably the best forum to sum it all up. Click Link

Again just be careful what you click IF you use vistaprint

P

Prem Tiler

Thanks for that info.

Heres a vista story for ya. I got 2000 cards printed up premium ones. cost me £75. When they arrived they had spelt the website wrong.

www.fristpremiertiling.co.uk instead of www.firstpremiertiling.co.uk

I DID spell check it about 10 times because as some of you may of noticed my spelling is awfull.

I to this day think they missed spelt the print on purpose knowing I would need to order more.

But I cant prove it and is just speculation.

S

Stan001

Richard, thanks for the headsup. I use Vistaprint, I don’t have any problems with them and have not noticed their ‘offer’ nor suffered them robbing my account. I notice than many of those posts were 2007 dated. Is there anyone here who have been stung in the last year? I only started using Vistaprint for the last 4 months or so – maybe they fixed things? Stan
… but thanks again Richard – if I hear from here that its still going on it would be enough for me to put my business elsewhere purely for ethical trading reasons.

S

Stan001

Richard, thanks for the headsup. I use Vistaprint, I don’t have any problems with them and have not noticed their ‘offer’ nor suffered them robbing my account. I notice than many of those posts were 2007 dated. Is there anyone here who have been stung in the last year? I only started using Vistaprint for the last 4 months or so – maybe they fixed things? Stan
… but thanks again Richard – if I hear from here that its still going on it would be enough for me to put my business elsewhere purely for ethical trading reasons.

F

faithhealer

Back to Vistaprint, spent hours two weeks ago designing new cards, carefully side stepped all the other 'offers'. came to the last hurdle, it gave me two choices, price with 'half price return address labels(2.49) or price without. You would think that the price diff would be 2.49! NO, Price diff was a fiver, they stuck the other 2.49 on the delivery charge so you wouldn't get it for half price at all. Robbing gits so I'm looking elsewhere in protest! Didn't want the offer anyway!

B

Bushwhacker1

Following on from earlier comments, i can also vouch for vistaprint for business cards for price and quality.
One other place to try for websites is 123-reg.co.uk - its all based online and you can register your domain name, get your website hosted and also use their instantsite product to build your own web pages from templates. Very intuitive, even if you have zero experience. Price wise, i think is unbeatable - ive been using it for 2 years for some other businesses i own and can fully recommend it

Reply to Website and Business Cards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.