Currently reading:
Watch them grinder blades

Discuss Watch them grinder blades in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hillhead

Today i was using the grinder to do a socket cut in a 10x10 porcelain when the thing jumped and caught my fore finger :yikes::yikes::yikes:
All i could see was a deep grind out of my finger right beside a vein !!!It burnt my skin too so extremely little blood.
I checked the Marcrist CK850 blade,it was well wore but actually had a piece missing from it:yikes:
also a few cracks visible so this is damn dangerous if not caught on in time.
I was lucky i didn't dig deeper into my finger or sever the vein !!
Check your blades please:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

I have a Dewalt grinder..( got it with the Dewalt wet cutter) and i have a Norton turbo blade in.. no probs at all with it.

Now the marcrist is a thin blade and IMO they are to watch as they can warp with heat quicker than say the normal 2mm thick blades, and warping can cause them to shatter.

I only use mine for stone work.. dressing internal corner cuts and plunge cuts and shaping curves...etc etc.

So it is only cutting softer materials and not hard tiles like porcelain...

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Dr Mosaic Girl heals all!

Unlucky Joe. It's one of those things. Well done for keeping at it but make sure it doesn't get infected, keep it clean and keep changing the bandage etc. I've heard the superglue thing before but haven't tried it. I'd probably go with Gisela's advice though to be fair. Sounds much more normal :lol:

And thanks for the warning, I think we all do need to check blades and tools a lot more than most do. Especially when you're doing lots of smaller jobs where the tools are in and out of the van a bit more than usual. Only takes a minute to check any tool.

Reply to Watch them grinder blades in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.